Chennai sources made a statement that Chennai collector Shanmugha Sundaram has declared a holiday for all schools and colleges in the district on Thursday following predictions of incessant rainfall in the region. Meanwhile as per Regional Meteorological Centre, Chennai, "Intermittent Rain or Thundershower is likely to occur in and around Chennai likely heavy at times."
As per report it was stated that the Meteorological Centre's district rainfall forecast chart also predicts heavy to very heavy rainfall in Chennai with a very likely occurrence probability. Furthermore it was stated that last year, in the first week of November heavy rains, had lashed Chennai throwing normal life out of gear.
Moreover a few days back, Cyclone Gaja had created havoc in many parts of Tamil Nadu killing as many as 11 people and later around 45 were killed due to the cyclone. Because of the cyclone Chennai schools and colleges were declared holiday yesterday for safety of people.
#GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision Former Indian cricketer and opening batsman Gautam Gambhir, who had also captained Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Daredevil sin IPL has now joined Bharatiya Janata Party. With the elections nearing, both BJP and Congress are keen on roping in star candidates and recently former cricketer Jadeja's wife had joined BJP, and now Gambhir has joined.
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- The big contest at Vizianagaram!
- KCR keeps TRS busy!
- List of TRS Candidates for Parliament
- Modi Ignores LK Advani Yet Again
- Mangalagiri.. Not easy for Lokesh
- Jet Airways Pilots urged PM to instruct Management for settling pending salaries
- List of BJP Candidates for Parliament
- Kamal Hassan's MNM Party will not indulge in horse trading in LS Polls
- Balayya achieved fame for his Violent Eccentricities than Social Work