Chennai sources stated that rains, winds, mud and waterlogged areas in the open fields are no hurdle for these Tamilnadu Electricity Board (TNEB) men, striving hard to restore power in cyclone hit areas. Meanwhile despite the dampness all around, sleeping under the open sky and sometimes forced to even have their food perched atop poles, these TNEB men are exhausting themselves by clearing damaged and broken poles and replacing them with new ones in the affected areas.
Furthermore as cyclone ‘Gaja’ uprooted over one lakh electric poles in the delta and southern districts, TNEB staff are working round the clock to restore power in those villages and towns that went without power for the past nine days. Presently slowly their untiring efforts have started to show results, since around 70% of work has been completed in the stretch between Nagapattinam and Velankanni.
Previously preliminary reports stated that a total of 84,836 poles were affected with around 1,152 km of high tension lines and 3,087 km of low tension lines snapped. Moreover in addition, a total of 841 distribution transformers have been damaged. Over all, 1,13,566 electric poles were damaged. Recently Tangedco officials claim that about 70% of works relating to power restoration was completed and normalcy would return in the next two to three days.
Where is Vamsi? When he will file nomination? Vallabhaneni Vamsi name is appeared in first list of TDP as its nominee from Gannavaram Assembly. He didn’t go to Gannavaram after announcing his candidature from Hyderabad. Date of Filing of nominations would come to an end by 25th March.
- To Whom will YSRCP voters vote in Vizag when their candidate failed to give fight?
- Telangana High Court Clears Way for Lakshmi's NTR Release
- Sumalatha will contest as an independent from Mandya
- JD Lakshminarayana To Take On Balakrishna's Alludu
- Goa's new CM be BJP's Pramod Sawant
- Kamal Hassan announces candidates list by March 20
- KCR in mindset to start National Party after Polls
- SHOCKING: Lokesh To Back out of Mangalagiri?
- Why Pawan Kalyan Chose Gajuwaka and Bhimavaram?
- Jagan demands CBI probe!
- BJP active on Chowkidar campaign!
- Datachor and Vennupottu CBN trending!
- Two Indians among dead in NZ!
- MK Stalin commences campaigning from Thiruvarur constituency by March 20
- Why industrialist quit from Kamal Hassan's MNM Party?