Hyderabad sources stated that the GHMC has decided to put on hold the facade development that was to be part of the Charminar Pedestrianisation Project. Meanwhile a corporation official said that after discussing the matter with the state government, it was felt that the facade development is not viable as it will cost Rs 30 crore, which the civic body cannot spare. Hence the corporation then reduced the budget from Rs 30 crore to Rs 8 crore, but that will not be sufficient to renovate even 50% of the properties.
Reportedly GHMC officials claim they cannot renovate even 60% of the properties with the current funds and private agencies will not come forward to fund the project under corporate social responsibility. Furthermore a senior GHMC official said the developmental activities include uniform display boards and giving shops in Laad Bazaar a heritage facade.
Accordingly he said that the decrease in funds has been a major disappointment for the corporation. Moreover the corporation as of now has zeroed in on three properties for renovation based on the outcome of the budget proposals that will be submitted to the state government for enhancement.
Top House Democrats raised prospect of impeachment for Trump Washington sources reported that Top House Democrats on Sunday raised the prospect of impeachment or almost-certain prison time for President Donald Trump if it’s proved that he directed illegal hush money payments to women, adding to the legal pressure on the president over the Russia investigation and other scandals.
- SC dismissed PIL challenging dissolution of J&K Assembly by Governor Satya Pal Malik
- Which Party will win Higher Percentage in Telangana?
- Strange case of a damaging goat!
- H Raja again in controversy!
- Ravishankar firm on program plans!
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected