Accordingly the central team that has been entrusted with the task of visiting the cyclone-affected regions in Tamilnadu said that the situation in delta districts was grim. According to report the six member team started the second day of their tour from Orathanadu Pudur in Thanjavur district. Reports added Orathanadu is one of the places worst hit by cyclone Gaja.
Meanwhile the central team is in the state after Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami met with Prime Minister Narendra Modi and requested the Centre for relief funds. Furthermore the state government requested the centre to disburse Rs 1,500 crore towards temporary rehabilitation and Rs 15,000 crore towards permanent rehabilitation of affected areas. Further apart from this amount, the state government had also allocated Rs 1,000 crore towards immediate relief in the cyclone affected areas in the state.
Moreover a major share of the allocated and demanded amount will go towards rebuilding the electrical infrastructure in the affected areas since the gale winds had blown electric poles and wires away. Reportedly Cyclone Gaja made landfall near Vedaranyam in Nagapattinam district in the wee hours of November 16. Hence after the landfall, it moved to interior Tamilnadu where it caused extensive damage to crops and property and cut of the electrical, telecommunication and road connectivity to the districts.
Where is Vamsi? When he will file nomination? Vallabhaneni Vamsi name is appeared in first list of TDP as its nominee from Gannavaram Assembly. He didn’t go to Gannavaram after announcing his candidature from Hyderabad. Date of Filing of nominations would come to an end by 25th March.
- To Whom will YSRCP voters vote in Vizag when their candidate failed to give fight?
- Telangana High Court Clears Way for Lakshmi's NTR Release
- Sumalatha will contest as an independent from Mandya
- JD Lakshminarayana To Take On Balakrishna's Alludu
- Goa's new CM be BJP's Pramod Sawant
- Kamal Hassan announces candidates list by March 20
- KCR in mindset to start National Party after Polls
- SHOCKING: Lokesh To Back out of Mangalagiri?
- Why Pawan Kalyan Chose Gajuwaka and Bhimavaram?
- Jagan demands CBI probe!
- BJP active on Chowkidar campaign!
- Datachor and Vennupottu CBN trending!
- Two Indians among dead in NZ!
- MK Stalin commences campaigning from Thiruvarur constituency by March 20
- Why industrialist quit from Kamal Hassan's MNM Party?