Tehran sources stated that at least 634 people were injured in the magnitude 6.4 earthquake that struck Iran's Kermanshah province, authorities said on Monday. As per report there has been no report of any fatal casualties, Xinhua news agency quoted Mahamoud Reza, president of Medical Science University of Kermanshah province. Meanwhile according to the Iranian Seismological Centre, the epicenter of the earthquake, which took place on Sunday night in Sar Pol Zahab city, lied at a depth of 7 km, 34.38 degrees north latitude and 45.70 degrees east longitude.
Reportedly Iran's National Gas Company said in a statement that pipelines have been broken in Sar Pol Zahab and Gasr-e Shirin cities. Reports added “People should not be concerned about the gas supply, the announcement said. Iran's National Gas Company has started fuel supplies to people in the quake hit area”. Furthermore all the schools and universities in Kermanshah province remained closed on Monday.
Moreover the quake was also felt in the neighboring provinces of Lorestan and Ilam and Kordestan, as well as in the border areas of Iraq. Hence at least 161 aftershocks, ranging from 2.4 to 5.2 magnitude, have been registered in the region so far. Previously in November 2017, 211 people died in a magnitude 7.3 earthquake that hit the Iran-Iraq border.
Male Elephant passed away while crossing electrocuted fence Accordingly a male elephant tragically passed away while trying to cross a fence in Nagarhole National Park in Karnataka on Saturday. Reportedly iron fences were erected in parts of the park to prevent elephants from crossing over into human settlements and the 42 year old elephant had crossed over and raided an agricultural field on Friday and however, the elephant got stuck on the fence on the way back to the Veerahosahalli range.
- Karunanidhi statue unveiled in DMK HQ
- Amit Shah visits Telangana to estimate loss of BJP
- Is Kamal Hassan making alliance with Congress & DMK ahead of 2019 LS elections?
- Duraimurugan on Rahul's Chennai sentiment!
- Piety cyclone to cause heavy winds!
- Events at Karunanidhi Statue opening!
- Bhupesh Baghel to become Chattisgarh CM
- AP likely to be touched by Cyclone Phethai
- KTR gearing up for Gram Panchayat Polls
- Will Thoothukudi Sterlite be reopened?
- Owaisi challenges Chandrababu Naidu
- Will Janasena's Fortune be changed soon?
- Is Anushka Shetty ready to marry a Business Tycoon?
- Why Arogyasri Services comes to a halt in AP Hospital from Monday?
- Has Money played major role in Telangana Elections?