Hyderabad sources reported that transgender candidate M. Chandramukhi, contesting the Telangana assembly elections from a constituency in the city, turned up at a police station late Wednesday night. Accordingly Chandramukhi, who is contesting the election from Goshamahal as a candidate of the Bahujan Left Front and was missing since early Tuesday, reached Banjara Hills police station along with her lawyer and some members of the transgender community.
Meanwhile she refused to give a statement to police about her whereabouts, saying she will reveal all the details in court on Thursday. As per report the Hyderabad High Court had on Wednesday directed the police to produce her in the court on Thursday and further the court passed orders on a habeas corpus petitioned filed by Chandramukhi's mother Ananthamma.
Previously a missing case was registered at the Banjara Hills police station on a complaint by her mother. Furthermore Chandramukhi, the only transwoman candidate in Telangana's assembly elections, went missing early on Tuesday from her house in Jawaharnagar here. However, after examining CCTV footage, police said on Wednesday that she left the house on her own and was seen walking alone, where a police official said she had masked her face to hide her identity. Meanwhile Bahujan Left Front leaders and transgender activists have alleged that people who were opposed to a transgender contesting the election were behind her disappearance.
Ravishankar firm on program plans! Art of living founder Sri Sri Ravishankar has said that with the help of court, an order will be obtained and his planned meditation program will be conducted in Thanjavur Periya Kovil temple itself. On behalf of art of living foundation it was planned to host meditation programs on Fridays and Saturdays on the premises of Thanjavur Periya Kovil itself.
- People against Jayalalitha's memorial!
- Jaipur Princess filed for Divorce
- Bengaluru boy uses Broomstick to beat his Mother
- Ramdas Athawale slapped by 30 old man at a public event in Maharashtra
- KTR openly claims that TRS would return to power with 100 seats
- Will Congress' talks with MIM give an edge?
- World Bank says remittance inflow to India last year was USD 68.9 billion
- Trump's Son in Law had private conversations with Saudi Crown Prince
- Vaiko warned as TN worst affected in India for Mekedatu Project
- Wedding celebrations of Isha Ambani as grand as expected
- Australian Shark trampled a surfer
- World's Largest Arabic Audio Libraries launched in Dubai
- Will Owl Bird create misfortune for Elections?
- Telangana polls reflected the paradox of perceptions of rural & urban voters
- Congress Spokesperson attacked Yogi Adithyanath