With the completion of 1 year of rampage by the dangerous cyclone Ockhi, condolence and memory events were held at various parts of Kanyakumari to offer homage and pay respects to those who toiled hard and lost lives. At Kolachal, water fighters’ day was observed by showering flowers in respect of the fishermen who had lost their lives fighting the Ockhi cyclone.
Last year at this very time, the Ockhi cyclone had wrecked havoc and affected lots of areas and destroyed the whole of Kanyakumari almost, and lots of rubber trees, coconut trees and other trees were damaged totally, and in the same way, lots of boats which were fishing in Bay of Bengal subsided, and were totally damaged.
Many fishermen, almost 300 of them, swam across the sea for two days and reached safety. However other place fishermen vanished and almost 204 went missing, and only 27 bodies were recovered. Today on occasion of one year of the horrible day, condolence meetings were arranged at Kanyakumari and homage was paid.
Where is Vamsi? When he will file nomination? Vallabhaneni Vamsi name is appeared in first list of TDP as its nominee from Gannavaram Assembly. He didn’t go to Gannavaram after announcing his candidature from Hyderabad. Date of Filing of nominations would come to an end by 25th March.
- To Whom will YSRCP voters vote in Vizag when their candidate failed to give fight?
- Telangana High Court Clears Way for Lakshmi's NTR Release
- Sumalatha will contest as an independent from Mandya
- JD Lakshminarayana To Take On Balakrishna's Alludu
- Goa's new CM be BJP's Pramod Sawant
- Kamal Hassan announces candidates list by March 20
- KCR in mindset to start National Party after Polls
- SHOCKING: Lokesh To Back out of Mangalagiri?
- Why Pawan Kalyan Chose Gajuwaka and Bhimavaram?
- Jagan demands CBI probe!
- BJP active on Chowkidar campaign!
- Datachor and Vennupottu CBN trending!
- Two Indians among dead in NZ!
- MK Stalin commences campaigning from Thiruvarur constituency by March 20
- Why industrialist quit from Kamal Hassan's MNM Party?