Accordingly President Donald Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen pleaded guilty in New York to lying to Congress about a Moscow real estate project that Trump and his company pursued at the same time he was securing the GOP nomination in 2016. Meanwhile in a nine page filing, prosecutors laid out a litany of lies that Cohen admitted he told to congressional lawmakers about the Moscow project an attempt, Cohen said, to minimize links between the proposed development and Trump as his presidential bid was gaining steam.
Furthermore Cohen made a surprise appearance Thursday morning before US District Judge Andrew Carter Jr., who asked him to enter his plea. Cohen's guilty plea his second in four months is the latest development in a wide-ranging investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller III into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election, where separately, prosecutors accused Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort of lying to them since he pleaded guilty.
Moreover the Cohen plea is likely to further chill relations between the White House and the Justice Department, where acting attorney general Matthew Whitaker has been serving for several weeks since the president forced Jeff Sessions out of the post of attorney general. Reportedly Justice Department policies and special counsel regulations call for the attorney general to be notified of significant events in such investigations, and a person familiar with the case said Whitaker was notified ahead of time about Cohen's plea.
#GautamGambhir joins BJP - says He is impressed by PM Modi's Vision Former Indian cricketer and opening batsman Gautam Gambhir, who had also captained Kolkata Knight Riders and Delhi Daredevil sin IPL has now joined Bharatiya Janata Party. With the elections nearing, both BJP and Congress are keen on roping in star candidates and recently former cricketer Jadeja's wife had joined BJP, and now Gambhir has joined.
- Pawan Kalyan's Accusations Worrying Pithapuram Sitting MLA
- Tough Fight In Rajahmundry City
- Fear of Failure for Chandra Babu Naidu
- A common man for YSRCP in Srikakulam
- #WorldWaterDay #SaveWater - Every drop counts
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- The big contest at Vizianagaram!
- KCR keeps TRS busy!
- List of TRS Candidates for Parliament
- Modi Ignores LK Advani Yet Again
- Mangalagiri.. Not easy for Lokesh
- Jet Airways Pilots urged PM to instruct Management for settling pending salaries
- List of BJP Candidates for Parliament
- Kamal Hassan's MNM Party will not indulge in horse trading in LS Polls
- Balayya achieved fame for his Violent Eccentricities than Social Work