Accordingly CBDT Chairman Sushil Chandra said over six crore income-tax returns have already been filed this year for the assessment year 2018-19 showing an increase of 50%t over the last year. Furthermore attributing this surge in returns to demonetization, he said the Income Tax Department had so far received 6.08 crore income tax returns this year.
Meanwhile he said the corporate tax returns had also seen an increase to 8 lakh from 7 lakh filed last year till this date. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) Chairman said on the sidelines of CII's international tax conference here. Chandra also expressed confidence that the government would meet the Rs 11.5 lakh crore direct tax collection target that "This is the demonetization effect... It has led to increase in the tax base of the country”.
Moreover he said "We have already got around 6.08 crore income tax returns this year which is 50% higher than returns filed till this date last year”.
Bhimavaram & Gajuwaka best bets for Pawan Kalyan by partys General Body Accordingly Jana Sena Party Chief Pawan Kalyan will be contesting two seats in his first ever time in the election fray. Meanwhile in the upcoming Assembly Elections in Andhra Pradesh, Pawan will contest from Bhimavaram in West Godavari and from the Gajuwaka constituency in Visakhapatnam.
- Nagababu Joins Party, Janasena Becomes Another Family Pack
- RTO attacked by actor's friend!
- Goa gets a new head!
- PM Modi likely to interact with Public about 'Main Bhi Chowkidar' by March 31
- Election Battle: Parties Cooking Strategies for Victory In Godavari
- Curious Case of Uttarandhra in 2019 Polls
- Chandra Babu Facing Huge Pressure
- DK Aruna Jumps into BJP
- Jagan Pinned Hopes On His Family
- Decoding Pawan Kalyan's Strategy For Assembly Elections
- Will Goa CM Pramod Sawant win Floor test by Wednesday?
- Curiosity Around Bheemili Constituency
- Popular Rayalaseema Reddy Back to Basics!
- Key accused in Pollachi sexual abuse Case sent to judicial remand
- Flash floods & Mud slides increased death toll in Indonesia