Chennai sources stated that Madras high court directed the Regional Passport Officer, Chennai, to consider the application submitted by DMK Treasurer and former minister Durai Murugan to re-issue the passport to him, in accordance with law, if otherwise the application is in order and pass appropriate orders within 4 weeks. Accordingly allowing the petition filed by Durai Murugan, Justice Pushpa Sathyanarayana set aside the order of the Regional Passport Officer, rejecting his application to re-issue the passport to him.
The petitioner stated the passport issued in his favor on October 8, 2013 was valid till October 7, 2023 and since, the pages therein got used up, and he applied for re-issue of passport on November 9, 2018 with supporting documents. Furthermore the said application was returned by the authorities and the judge said it was to be noted that the application of the petitioner was rejected by the RPO on the ground that there were criminal cases pending against him, which had led to an adverse profile report.
Moreover the judge added it was relevant to note that there was no material placed before this court to show that the Magistrate concerned had taken cognizance in the alleged criminal cases and hence, the same cannot be stated to be the criminal proceedings pending before the court of law.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?