Mumbai sources reported that Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is considering fielding Bollywood actor Madhuri Dixit-Nene from the Pune Lok Sabha constituency in the 2019 general elections. Earlier in June this year, BJP chief Amit Shah had met the actor at her residence in Mumbai during his party's 'Sampark for Samarthan' (Contact for Support) program and briefed her on the achievements of the Narendra Modi government. Meanwhile a senior state BJP leader told that her name has been shortlisted for the Pune Lok Sabha seat.
He said "The party is seriously considering giving candidature to Madhuri Dixit in the 2019 general elections and they think the Pune Lok Sabha constituency will be better for her". The leader added "The party is in the process of finalizing the list of probable for several Lok Sabha seats and Dixit's name has been shortlisted for the Pune Lok Sabha constituency and she is being seriously considered for it”.
He added “As fresh faces were introduced, there was nothing to criticize them with. It left the opposition shocked and the BJP won maximum seats and retained power”. Moreover he said a similar experiment was also successfully carried out in Delhi local bodies’ polls in 2017, where all the sitting councilors were denied tickets, where the BJP won the seats and retained the control.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?