Accordingly on Friday morning, as India’s youngest state of Telangana headed to the polls, a group of laborers from a small, makeshift hamlet near Adlur Yellareddy clambered onto lorries, taxis and any other form of transport they could utilize to head to vote. Meanwhile these laborers who stay near Gayatri Sugar Factory in the neighborhood of Adlur Yellareddy village belong to the constituency of Narayakhed.
Reports stated they have arranged for transportation on their own, in order to travel over 100 kilometres to reach their home village, to execute their right as citizens. Furthermore these laborers have been living in a makeshift, temporary hamlet which was set up about two months ago. Meanwhile over 400 workers, each with a minimum of 3 votes, contribute to a significant chunk of the voter population at their home constituency.
Moreover when speaking about the difficulties in reaching their polling booths, 24 year old Sreenu Jadav, a first time voter, said, “They (the government) give tractors to farmers to aid them, similarly they should help us by providing bullock carts and other forms of transportation to help us reach our constituencies in time for voting.”
Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi? New Delhi sources stated that Congress leader Shashi Tharoor alleged that he and other local leaders were not allowed to enter the centuries old Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala's capital Thiruvananthapuram during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Kerala. Reportedly Mr Tharoor, who is the lawmaker from the city, accused the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) of striking their names from the list of people allowed in the temple when the PM was there.
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules