Mumbai sources stated that with a view to create awareness about owl as a bird and debunk superstitions associated with it, a unique festival was recently held at a village in Pune district of Maharashtra. Meanwhile the two day 'Indian Owl Festival', which was held in the last week of November at Pingori in Purandar taluka, showcased the nocturnal bird in different art forms like paintings, origami, paper quilling, handicraft and wood craft.
Dr Satish Pande, ornithologist and director of Ela Foundation "All the art work was done by the students of schools located in the neighboring villages. So, apart from creating awareness about owls among the young generation, the festival also gave an opportunity to them to express themselves and show their creativity”. Previously some owls were rescued in Karnataka, which were meant to be handed over to certain politicians in Telangana, where assembly polls were held on Friday, to be used for bringing misfortune to their opponents.
He said unfortunately, such incidents keep happening around us even in this age of technological and scientific advancement. Pande added "If owls are to be saved, only research is not going to be enough reaching out to people and involving them in the conservation work is equally important”.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights