Accordingly India is going to witness a 16.18% increase in remittance inflow this year, the latest World Bank report on migration and remittances reveals. Meanwhile the remittance inflow to India in 2017 was $68.9 billion, according to the World Bank the remittance in 2018 is expected to be $79.4 billion. Meanwhile India is followed by China ($67 billion), Mexico and the Philippines ($34 billion each), and Egypt ($26 billion).
As per report advanced economies, particularly the United States, and the increase in oil prices having a positive impact on outflows from some Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, such as the United Arab Emirates, which reported a 13% growth in outflows for the first half of 2018. Furthermore the GCC is a regional inter-governmental political and economic bloc of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
Moreover the World Bank estimates that officially recorded remittances to developing countries will increase by 10.8% to reach $528 billion in 2018, against a 7.8% growth in 2017. Mahmoud Mohieldin, Senior Vice President for the 2030 Development Agenda, United Nations Relations, and Partnerships at the Bank said “Even with technological advances, remittance fees remain too high, double the SDG target of 3%. Opening up markets to competition and promoting the use of low cost technologies will ease the burden on poorer customers”.
Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies According to report popular Tamil actor Ajith Kumar announced that he doesn't wish to pursue politics. Meanwhile in an open letter, the actor shared that he's not entering politics further appealing to students to concentrate on their studies. Furthermore shutting down the numerous rumors doing the rounds regarding his political inclination in the upcoming elections, Ajith clarified in
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!
- Politician - Actress Divya Spandana trolled!
- Tamilisai plan to exploit Thala fans!
- PM Modi faces a united opposition in national elections
- NATA Elects New Executive Committee for 2019 - 2020
- Is dreams of MGR & J. Jayalalitha fulfilled by PM Modi?
- Will actress Kareena Kapoor Khan follow footsteps of her late father-in-law in politics?
- Rapper Cardi B has slammed US President Donald Trump
- TDP Govt in AP implemented Rythu Raksha scheme
- Food Apps staff warned for violating Traffic Rules