Sources from Chennai stated that days after rumors began doing the rounds that Kamal Hassan had entered the electoral fray with the Indian National Congress and the DMK as alliance partners, the actor and politician tweeted that his party would not take a detour for short term benefits. Meanwhile the rumors, reported in Tamil media outlets, had come as a shock since Kamal had earlier ruled out an alliance with the DMK.
Furthermore it was reported that Kamal would formalize the alliance on Sunday, at the unveiling ceremony of late Chief Minister and DMK leader M Karunanidhi’s statue. Previously Kamal had hinted at talks for an alliance with the Indian National Congress in an interview with Thanthi TV. Moreover in response to a question on a possible alliance with the Congress for the upcoming 2019 Lok Sabha elections, he had said, “He doesn’t know. We have to talk to them. We have to see if it suits Tamilnadu. All he is going to ask is what good they will for the people of Tamilnadu and the evidence for whatever has been done thus far is very little.”
Earlier in June this year, Kamal Hassan had met with Congress President Rahul Gandhi. Further following the meeting, Rahul Gandhi had tweeted stating that “a wide range of issues concerning our two parties, including the political situation in Tamilnadu” was discussed.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights