Canberra sources reported that heat and wind on Monday were fueling over 110 forest fires that have been burning for two weeks in Australia, where the authorities have also been alerted to a tropical cyclone off the coast. Meanwhile the Queensland Bureau of Meteorology has also issued a severe storm warning for the state. The bureau said "Damaging to destructive winds, large to giant hail and heavy rainfall are all possible. Storms may affect current fires burning in the area”.
Meanwhile at least one person has died from the fires in the state of Queensland, where more than 527,000 hectares have been razed. Accordingly one of the areas that most concerns firefighters is North Stradbroke island, near Queensland's capital Brisbane, where it is feared flames could jump to the nearby Russell and Macleay islands.
Queensland Fire and
Emergency Services Deputy Commissioner Michael Wassing told the media "Our greatest area of concern is still
North Stradbroke Island in the south-east, just off Brisbane. We were expecting
high winds today to impact
that already dynamic fire". Moreover
the centre of
Queensland is another area that has been of concern to the fire department,
which has alerted the population of Captain Creek, located 467 km from
Brisbane, to prepare for evacuation.
Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless A week after polling for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in AP, it is slowly emerging that there has been a 'silent voting' in favor of Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena which will damage the prospects of the ruling Telugu Desam Party. The ground reports obtained by TDP says that Janasena damaged TDP prospects in Uttarandhra and Godavari districts.
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam