Chennai sources stated that Selvi a lawyer and activist from Manithi said "Unlike men who go to Sabarimala under the guidance of a ‘gurusamy’, women have no such person to lead. We are organizing them to exercise their rights”. Meanwhile around 50 women, led by Chennai based women right’s group Manithi are all set to visit Sabarimala on December 23. Selvi said “All the women visiting the temple would observe celibacy for five days before going to Sabarimala and women from Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Odisha will join together and women’s groups from Kerala, like the Adivasi women’s group, will lead us there".
As per report Manithi had written to the Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan seeking support to visit the temple. Selvi said ”We got a response informing us that our email has been forwarded to police officers in Pathanamthitta to provide help during our visit" adding that since they are going as a group, they had derive strength from their unity.
Meanwhile after Manithi announced their trip on their Facebook page on 16, more women have approached us to help them to go to Sabarimala. She added "Despite receiving discouragement online, the group has not wavered and there has not been any direct threat. Several people have left messages and comments online but that will not bring us down".
2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls Accordingly not limiting themselves to expressing outrage on social media, or lamenting that Indian politics is ridden with corruption, two young women in the state have sprung a surprise by deciding to contest in the Telangana Panchayat elections. Meanwhile these two women are 24 year old Sushmitha Naidu from Nizamabad and 30 year old Sai Pravallika Nagam from Ghatkesar.
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?
- Mahesh Kathi comes with another controversy with Pawan Kalyan
- Trump ordered American feast of burgers for visiting football team
- Telugu comedian Brahmanandam undergone bypass surgery
- AK Sikri declines joining commonwealth tribunal!
- Kodanadu estate case investigation in peaks!
- UP minister's tells people to burn politicians!
- Supreme Court notice to central govt!
- A Judge partially blocked a set of Trump administration rules
- Follow Indian Traditions Leave Western Lifestyles: Venkaiah Naidu