Chennai sources stated that Selvi a lawyer and activist from Manithi said "Unlike men who go to Sabarimala under the guidance of a ‘gurusamy’, women have no such person to lead. We are organizing them to exercise their rights”. Meanwhile around 50 women, led by Chennai based women right’s group Manithi are all set to visit Sabarimala on December 23. Selvi said “All the women visiting the temple would observe celibacy for five days before going to Sabarimala and women from Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra and Odisha will join together and women’s groups from Kerala, like the Adivasi women’s group, will lead us there".
As per report Manithi had written to the Kerala chief minister Pinarayi Vijayan seeking support to visit the temple. Selvi said ”We got a response informing us that our email has been forwarded to police officers in Pathanamthitta to provide help during our visit" adding that since they are going as a group, they had derive strength from their unity.
Meanwhile after Manithi announced their trip on their Facebook page on 16, more women have approached us to help them to go to Sabarimala. She added "Despite receiving discouragement online, the group has not wavered and there has not been any direct threat. Several people have left messages and comments online but that will not bring us down".
Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless A week after polling for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in AP, it is slowly emerging that there has been a 'silent voting' in favor of Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena which will damage the prospects of the ruling Telugu Desam Party. The ground reports obtained by TDP says that Janasena damaged TDP prospects in Uttarandhra and Godavari districts.
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam