Hyderabad sources reported that the Hyderabad High Court told the state government to make a decision on prohibition of polythene bags and plastic, without any exemptions on the micron, and it also directed the state to submit a decision by January 3, 2019, keeping in view the priority to ban plastic. Meanwhile a division bench comprising Chief Justice Thottathil B. Radhakrishnan and Justice S.V. Bhatt was hearing suo moto cases regarding the wide usage of polythene covers at shrines and deficiencies in the management of hygiene at temples in the state.
Furthermore the court said that the economic and political power of plastic manufacturers and distributors might be high, but the government has to rule and further it said that plastic is a great menace to the environment and the government needs to take steps.
Reportedly the bench categorically stated, “If the government has any difficulties to implement the ban on plastic, then we are ready to give directions,” and inquired why the state is less concerned about environmental protection. Moreover the court said it was high time to take necessary action to implement rules of the Environmental Act and other prevailing Acts, to protect the environment and further commented: “Why has the government not banned the use of plastic in temples, do we need to tell them such a small thing?”
17413 Crore Pending Bills in Andhra Pradesh Andhra Pradesh treasury has become empty after the TDP government was on an overdrive of Welfare Schemes to please the people before the election. The State has come to a Position in which except Pensions and employees' salaries noting can be paid. Bills worth whopping amount of Rs 17,413 crore is pending as on April 22nd.
- AP Government Admits Tapping Phones of YSR Congress Leaders?
- BJP Terrorist candidate Sandhvi says her cancer was cured by drinking Cow Urine
- Chennai to face cyclone soon!
- AP Chief Secretary in Delhi with Chandrababu Crime Files
- Tirupathi man dies after suicide prank
- Janasena Symbol To Be Changed in Telangana?
- Indian gold medal winner is from a poor family - Her mom doesn't even knows to switch on the TV
- Chandrababu Behind Intermediate Fiasco in Telangana?
- Ambulance Driver loses license for his fraudulent practices
- Khushbu Sundar and Tharoor got Slammed for throwing blame on Modi for everything!
- ISIS involved in Srilanka blasts?
- Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs?
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism