Hyderabad sources reported that the Hyderabad High Court told the state government to make a decision on prohibition of polythene bags and plastic, without any exemptions on the micron, and it also directed the state to submit a decision by January 3, 2019, keeping in view the priority to ban plastic. Meanwhile a division bench comprising Chief Justice Thottathil B. Radhakrishnan and Justice S.V. Bhatt was hearing suo moto cases regarding the wide usage of polythene covers at shrines and deficiencies in the management of hygiene at temples in the state.
Furthermore the court said that the economic and political power of plastic manufacturers and distributors might be high, but the government has to rule and further it said that plastic is a great menace to the environment and the government needs to take steps.
Reportedly the bench categorically stated, “If the government has any difficulties to implement the ban on plastic, then we are ready to give directions,” and inquired why the state is less concerned about environmental protection. Moreover the court said it was high time to take necessary action to implement rules of the Environmental Act and other prevailing Acts, to protect the environment and further commented: “Why has the government not banned the use of plastic in temples, do we need to tell them such a small thing?”
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?