Sources from London stated that a skills based immigration system will be introduced in the UK to "get control over our borders" when free movement from the EU ends, Home Secretary Sajid Javid is set to announce. As per report it was expected to focus on people's "talent and expertise rather than where they come from".
The paper said "We are delivering on the clear instruction to get control over our borders and will bring in a new system that works in the interest of the British people". Accordingly it will be a single, skills based immigration system built around the talent and expertise people can bring, rather than where they come from maximizing the benefits of immigration and demonstrating the UK is open for business.
Furthermore the system to be phased-in from 2021 would scrap the cap on high-skilled workers like doctors and engineers. Meanwhile a dispute between ministers over a proposed 30,000 pound minimum salary for being granted a visa has resulted in a compromise. Further it accepts a recommendation from the independent Migration Advisory Committee to scrap the current limit of 20,700 on workers classed as high-skilled coming to the UK using "Tier 2" visas. Previously it warned "The UK risks having too few people to run the health service, pick food crops or deliver products to stores around the country".
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?