Sources from London stated that a skills based immigration system will be introduced in the UK to "get control over our borders" when free movement from the EU ends, Home Secretary Sajid Javid is set to announce. As per report it was expected to focus on people's "talent and expertise rather than where they come from".
The paper said "We are delivering on the clear instruction to get control over our borders and will bring in a new system that works in the interest of the British people". Accordingly it will be a single, skills based immigration system built around the talent and expertise people can bring, rather than where they come from maximizing the benefits of immigration and demonstrating the UK is open for business.
Furthermore the system to be phased-in from 2021 would scrap the cap on high-skilled workers like doctors and engineers. Meanwhile a dispute between ministers over a proposed 30,000 pound minimum salary for being granted a visa has resulted in a compromise. Further it accepts a recommendation from the independent Migration Advisory Committee to scrap the current limit of 20,700 on workers classed as high-skilled coming to the UK using "Tier 2" visas. Previously it warned "The UK risks having too few people to run the health service, pick food crops or deliver products to stores around the country".
Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless A week after polling for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in AP, it is slowly emerging that there has been a 'silent voting' in favor of Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena which will damage the prospects of the ruling Telugu Desam Party. The ground reports obtained by TDP says that Janasena damaged TDP prospects in Uttarandhra and Godavari districts.
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam