New Delhi sources stated that when responding to YSR Congress party (YSRCP) MP Vijayasai Reddy's query on the status of Vijayawada Metro Rail, Union Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri, during Thursday's Rajya Sabha session said the Andhra Pradesh government did not make any such proposal to the Centre.
Accordingly no proposal was sent by the State government after the Centre in September, 2017 sought a proposal for the Metro Rail project as per the new guidelines of the revised Metro Rail policy. He clarified "Urban transportation is an element of the town planning framework, which is completely a State subject. The State governments have the responsibility to provide the basic amenities related to urban transportation".
Moreover when responding to another query raised by Vijayasai Reddy in the Upper House, Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Satya Pal Singh said a majority of primary schools across the country were running in compliance with the Right to Education (RTE). Reportedly the Union Minister further explained the role of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan (SSA) in implementing the RTE. Since the SSA's rollout in 2001, 4,455 primary schools have been started, 70,204 classrooms and 36,906 toilets have been built. SSA provided for drinking water facilities in 7,143 schools.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?