New Delhi sources stated that when responding to YSR Congress party (YSRCP) MP Vijayasai Reddy's query on the status of Vijayawada Metro Rail, Union Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri, during Thursday's Rajya Sabha session said the Andhra Pradesh government did not make any such proposal to the Centre.
Accordingly no proposal was sent by the State government after the Centre in September, 2017 sought a proposal for the Metro Rail project as per the new guidelines of the revised Metro Rail policy. He clarified "Urban transportation is an element of the town planning framework, which is completely a State subject. The State governments have the responsibility to provide the basic amenities related to urban transportation".
Moreover when responding to another query raised by Vijayasai Reddy in the Upper House, Minister of State for Human Resource Development, Dr. Satya Pal Singh said a majority of primary schools across the country were running in compliance with the Right to Education (RTE). Reportedly the Union Minister further explained the role of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan (SSA) in implementing the RTE. Since the SSA's rollout in 2001, 4,455 primary schools have been started, 70,204 classrooms and 36,906 toilets have been built. SSA provided for drinking water facilities in 7,143 schools.
Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless A week after polling for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in AP, it is slowly emerging that there has been a 'silent voting' in favor of Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena which will damage the prospects of the ruling Telugu Desam Party. The ground reports obtained by TDP says that Janasena damaged TDP prospects in Uttarandhra and Godavari districts.
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam