According to sources with less than two weeks to go for the plastic ban to come into effect across Tamilnadu, the state government has released a descriptive list of items that have been banned. Meanwhile in addition to this, the state has also recommended eco-friendly alternatives that it hopes will replace plastic.
Reportedly on World Environment Day this year, with a view to curb the effects of plastic on the environment, the Tamilnadu government announced a ban of non-biodegradable and single-use plastic and had recommended the use of natural, environmental friendly products. Furthermore when explaining the dangers that the use of plastic has on the environment and on animals, Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami told the Assembly on June 5, “With the vision of gifting a plastic free Tamilnadu to our future generation, the government hereby bans the use of plastic goods of all sizes (microns).”
Items to be banned are as follows. Plastic sheet / cling film used for food wrapping. Plastic sheet used for spreading on dining table. Plastic Thermocol plates, Plastic coated paper plates. Plastic coated paper cups, Plastic tea cups, Plastic tumbler, Thermocol cups. Plastic carry bag of all sizes & thickness. Plastic coated carry bags, Non woven Bags. Water pouches / packets, plastic straw, plastic flags, plastic coated carry bags and non woven bags.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?