According to sources with less than two weeks to go for the plastic ban to come into effect across Tamilnadu, the state government has released a descriptive list of items that have been banned. Meanwhile in addition to this, the state has also recommended eco-friendly alternatives that it hopes will replace plastic.
Reportedly on World Environment Day this year, with a view to curb the effects of plastic on the environment, the Tamilnadu government announced a ban of non-biodegradable and single-use plastic and had recommended the use of natural, environmental friendly products. Furthermore when explaining the dangers that the use of plastic has on the environment and on animals, Chief Minister Edappadi Palaniswami told the Assembly on June 5, “With the vision of gifting a plastic free Tamilnadu to our future generation, the government hereby bans the use of plastic goods of all sizes (microns).”
Items to be banned are as follows. Plastic sheet / cling film used for food wrapping. Plastic sheet used for spreading on dining table. Plastic Thermocol plates, Plastic coated paper plates. Plastic coated paper cups, Plastic tea cups, Plastic tumbler, Thermocol cups. Plastic carry bag of all sizes & thickness. Plastic coated carry bags, Non woven Bags. Water pouches / packets, plastic straw, plastic flags, plastic coated carry bags and non woven bags.
Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president? Reportedly former India captain Sourav Ganguly, who is set to take charge as the head of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), on Tuesday spoke about his meeting with BJP President Amit Shah a day before he emerged as the lone contender in the race to be BCCI president. Meanwhile after Ganguly met Shah, the rumors of the former India cricketer joining the ruling party in India started doing the rounds.
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders