11 Women from Chennai who had gone to Sabarimala were stopped by the police and this had created a huge chaos. Following the supreme court order that women of any age group can be allowed into the Sabarimala temple, there were heavy protests in Kerala opposing the verdict, and the protests have been happening in various forms.
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan had said that the government will not allow Sabarimala to be turned into Ayodhya, and opponent parties like Congress blocked the cabinet meeting from happening. Even now only with tight security women are allowed into the temple, and last week 4 transgender were allowed.
To propagate equal rights women, a group named Manidhi had asked permission to visit the temple, and 11 women had come to Sabarimala, from Chennai, but male devotees stopped them, following which police came, and then the women were stopped from entering, and this has spoiled the reputation of the temple.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights