Chennai sources stated that teenage boy whose HIV-positive blood was passed on to a pregnant woman, in a case of shocking medical negligence that has triggered a major controversy in Tamilnadu, reportedly tried to kill himself as his family struggled to deal with the fallout. Earlier the woman visited the government hospital in Virudhunagar district's Sattur on December 3 for a prenatal checkup when she was found to be anaemic.
Reportedly she was advised blood transfusion and four days after the procedure, it was found that the blood transfused was HIV-infected. Meanwhile the blood was negligently labelled safe by the hospital's lab technicians. Furthermore the blood donated by the teen was meant for his relative, but it was not used and stored in the hospital's blood bank. Further on inquiry, it was found that the donor was contracted HIV as early as 2016 when he donated blood at a camp in Sattur.
Moreover when teen was contacted to be informed of the infection, he was out of town and was asked to report to the hospital as early as possible. Perhaps the Madras High Court took up the matter on Thursday and directed the state government to file a status report by January 3. Reportedly the court took up the matter after two advocates, George Williams and Krishnamoorthy, made mention of the case.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?