Chennai sources stated that teenage boy whose HIV-positive blood was passed on to a pregnant woman, in a case of shocking medical negligence that has triggered a major controversy in Tamilnadu, reportedly tried to kill himself as his family struggled to deal with the fallout. Earlier the woman visited the government hospital in Virudhunagar district's Sattur on December 3 for a prenatal checkup when she was found to be anaemic.
Reportedly she was advised blood transfusion and four days after the procedure, it was found that the blood transfused was HIV-infected. Meanwhile the blood was negligently labelled safe by the hospital's lab technicians. Furthermore the blood donated by the teen was meant for his relative, but it was not used and stored in the hospital's blood bank. Further on inquiry, it was found that the donor was contracted HIV as early as 2016 when he donated blood at a camp in Sattur.
Moreover when teen was contacted to be informed of the infection, he was out of town and was asked to report to the hospital as early as possible. Perhaps the Madras High Court took up the matter on Thursday and directed the state government to file a status report by January 3. Reportedly the court took up the matter after two advocates, George Williams and Krishnamoorthy, made mention of the case.
Janasena Silent Voting Makes Chandrababu Sleepless A week after polling for Assembly and Lok Sabha elections in AP, it is slowly emerging that there has been a 'silent voting' in favor of Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena which will damage the prospects of the ruling Telugu Desam Party. The ground reports obtained by TDP says that Janasena damaged TDP prospects in Uttarandhra and Godavari districts.
- Why PK team left before the AP results out?
- Chandrababu Behind EVMs Malfunctioning in Andhra Pradesh
- LV Subrahmanyam Gets Time for Taking Revenge on Chandrababu
- Man kills wife by cutting head!
- BJP MLA says Kumarasamy is buffalo!
- Tik Tok removed by Google from Play store!
- Chennai Beach - Arakkonam - Chengalpet services coming soon!
- Karnataka IAS officer suspended for checking Modi's helicopter?
- North Korea oversees test of new weapon -KCNA
- Reliance registered as seller on online stopped accepting fresh orders for products
- Why Sundar Pichai did not cast his vote in Tamilnadu?
- Karnataka & West Bengal face violent situation during second phase of voting
- Will Pawan come in front of media & boast of CM seat his party will win?
- Earth's surface has been warming globally over the past 15 years: NASA
- Kunwer Sachdeva, History Maker Founder & CEO, Su-Kam