Washington sources reported that Congress members trickled back into Washington with little sign of ending a government shutdown sparked by President Donald Trump's insistence on funding for a US-Mexico border wall. Meanwhile although the Senate was due to formally reconvene after the Christmas break, lawmakers gave no sign they would quickly tackle the budget impasse that has left parts of the government without funds for six days.
Furthermore Trump, apparently not sleeping after a grueling day-trip to Iraq his first visit to US combat troops since being elected indicated on Twitter that he was in no mood to back down. Meanwhile he wants $5 billion for extensions and improvements to a Mexico border barrier that he has made the centerpiece of his domestic political platform, arguing that the United States needs protection from illegal immigration.
Perhaps opposition Democrats and some of Trump's own Republicans refuse. Moreover they accuse the president of over hyping the immigration problem for political gain and say that a wall is not the best form of border security. Hence in retaliation, Trump has refused to sign a wider spending package, forcing large parts of the government to hibernate as 800,000 federal employees temporarily go unpaid.
Hike in salary of Police officials by Karnataka Govt Reportedly the Karnataka government on Tuesday partially accepted the terms set in the Raghavendra Auradkar Committee report, which recommended pay hikes and promotions for police staff. Earlier in 2016, a committee headed by Raghavendra Auradkar, the then ADGP (Recruitment and Training), had recommended a hike in salary for police personnel. Furthermore the report was prepared after police
- Why Mudragada is silent now?
- Govt wants a suitable buyer for Air India
- TTD Chairman planned to serve people by spending money from his pocket
- VMRDA new Chairman thanked CM Jagan
- Importance of filing Income tax, Filing Last date July 31
- Chandrababu Sending Rayapati to BJP?
- High Court Grants Temporary Relief to Bigg Boss Organizers
- TV9 Sentiment for Ravi Prakash's New Channel?
- International Court of Justice Cancels the Death Sentence of Kulbushan Jadhav
- Red Warning issued to Kerala
- Why PM Modi angry with the Cabinet Ministers?
- Will AP Auto Drivers be paid Rs.10000 Per Year?
- New Governor appointed for AP
- No break in Darshans in Tirumala Tirupathi: Chairman
- Last date for filing I-T return for 2018-19 is July 31, Have you filed?