New Delhi sources added that Steel Minister Chaudhary Birender Singh said the Centre is committed to set up a steel plant at Kadapa in Andhra Pradesh, but the required information about the proposed project is yet to come from the state government. Meanwhile the statement comes a day after Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu laid the foundation stone for the establishment of the Kadapa steel plant, which became a contentious issue as the state has accused the Centre of not honoring the commitment made in the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014.
Singh said on the sidelines of a SAIL event "We are committed to set up a steel plant there (in Kadapa). But you know due diligence is required. If they don't go by that, then it's not possible for us to give the final report. So, ultimately there is no response from the state government which is to be given by the state government only”.
Moreover the latest information about the type of mines, and the quantity as well as quality of iron ore was to be supplied by Andhra government. Reportedly Singh said after SAIL's statement that setting up a steel plant there, prima facie, is not financially viable, the steel ministry itself decided to have a task force to prepare a feasibility report, which involved members of both Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Jagan's New Rule Detrimental to Investments in Andhra Pradesh? The Ruling Party in Andhra Pradesh has introduced a bill on the employment of local candidates in industries and factories mandate the state government to ensure 75 percent of employment opportunities to locals. It also puts the government under obligation to provide training to eligible local candidates.
- AP Opposition Leader & FM had heated argument about WB funding
- Congress Becomes Headless in Andhra Pradesh
- Will 86 Indian Sailors Held Captive in Indonesia be released?
- Three TDP MLAs Suspended from AP Assembly
- YS Jagan's Bumper Offer to Junior NTR?
- Farewell given to ESL Narasimhan by AP CM Jagan
- AP CM Jagan greeted ISRO team for launching Chandrayaan 2 successfully
- UIDAI to appoint adjudicating Officer to deal in contravention cases
- Picture of Priyanka Chopra smoking gone viral
- Chandrayaan 2 successfully launched by ISRO
- Did Kerala successfully fought against Nipah Virus?
- Sri Reddy is tech savvy & knows just how to use social media
- Telangana CM KCR reached his native village
- Why no Top Official greeted Pakistani OM Imran Khan at Dulles Airport?
- Visakhapatnam facing crunch of Domestic flights