Hyderabad sources added the Telangana civil supplies department has created record by procuring paddy more than double the quantity it purchased last year. Meanwhile the minimum support price (MSP) this year was Rs 1,770 per quintal for Grade A quality. Reportedly this Kharif season, the total procurement was 34.26 lakh tonnes from 6.71 lakh farmers and also another two to three lakh tons of paddy is expected to be purchased in a few days.
Furthermore in the last Kharif season, the department procured only 18.24 Lakh tonnes of paddy from 4.17 lakh farmers through 2,716 Paddy Procurement Centers (PPCs). Reports added the civil supplies department attributes the credit for the increased harvest to good weather conditions, ample rainfall and increased power supply in the rural areas.
Moreover in the last year in Kharif season, around 8 lakh hectares were used to cultivate paddy, whereas this year it increased to 10 lakh hectares. Hence the best yields were recorded in Nizamabad, Kamareddy, Jagtial, Nalgonda, Karimnagar and Bhupalpally districts. Reportedly for the paddy purchased in this Khariff season, Rs 6,055 crore was paid through online transactions to the bank accounts of 6,71,286 farmers for 34.26 Lakh tonnes of paddy.
Hyderabad Police organized Job Connect program to provide job opportunities Accordingly the Falaknuma police in Hyderabad organized a 'Job Connect' program at The Progress High School in Engine Bowli as part of its ‘community policing’ initiative. Meanwhile the police said that a total of 4,200 youth, both men and women holding various educational qualifications, had attended the program held between 9 am and 5 pm.
- GoAir to operate services from Kannur to Muscat from February 28
- Did Sasikala have special privileges in Jail?
- Telangana CM KCR's ideology to make Telangana roads shine like a Mirror
- Lalu Prasad Yadav to get a verdict on January 28!
- H.Raja gets triggered with Stalin speech!
- Dhanush's costar reveals sexual harassment trouble!
- Did Congress MLA gift Mercedes Benz to Siddaramaiah?
- I salute Manohar Parrikar's efforts at work," PM Modi
- Muhurtam for Telangana CM KCR's Chandiyaagam is fixed
- Traffic diversions in Chennai for Republic Day Parade
- UNESCO names Rio De Janeiro as 2020 World's Capital Structure
- Sri Lanka wants to take back all Sri Lankan Tamil refugees in India
- Rythu Bandhu Scheme becomes part of National Agenda of action: Governor E.S.L. Narasimhan
- Maverick director RGV to come up with a creative poster goes Viral
- CM Chandrababu Naidu unveiled NTR statue