Hyderabad sources added the Telangana civil supplies department has created record by procuring paddy more than double the quantity it purchased last year. Meanwhile the minimum support price (MSP) this year was Rs 1,770 per quintal for Grade A quality. Reportedly this Kharif season, the total procurement was 34.26 lakh tonnes from 6.71 lakh farmers and also another two to three lakh tons of paddy is expected to be purchased in a few days.
Furthermore in the last Kharif season, the department procured only 18.24 Lakh tonnes of paddy from 4.17 lakh farmers through 2,716 Paddy Procurement Centers (PPCs). Reports added the civil supplies department attributes the credit for the increased harvest to good weather conditions, ample rainfall and increased power supply in the rural areas.
Moreover in the last year in Kharif season, around 8 lakh hectares were used to cultivate paddy, whereas this year it increased to 10 lakh hectares. Hence the best yields were recorded in Nizamabad, Kamareddy, Jagtial, Nalgonda, Karimnagar and Bhupalpally districts. Reportedly for the paddy purchased in this Khariff season, Rs 6,055 crore was paid through online transactions to the bank accounts of 6,71,286 farmers for 34.26 Lakh tonnes of paddy.
PM Modi confident in making Bharat a 5 Trillion Dollar Economy New Delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that the goal to make India a five trillion dollar economy is challenging but can be achieved and asked the states to recognize their core competence and work towards raising GDP targets. Reportedly in his opening remarks at the fifth meeting of the Governing Council of NITI Aayog, the Prime Minister said that empowerment
- June 17th: The Day of Embarrassment for Chandrababu?
- JC Family Decides About Their Political Future?
- Jagan Wants To Shame Chandrababu With That Move
- Nationwide strike on June 17 announced by IMA
- Jagan Impresses Rest of the CMs at NITI Aayog
- Chandrababu Naidu to do security checking in airport like an ordinary man
- India Vs Pakistan World Cup Manchester Pitch Report
- BJP and YSRCP Joint Action Plan to kill TDP in AP!
- New Chairman for AP CRDA appointed
- Jagan is Already Better Than Chandrababu In That Aspect
- Why So Much Drama Chandrababuji?
- PM Modi & Imran Khan exchanged pleasantries at SCO Summit
- Bengaluru Transport Department hikes students bus fare
- Jagan Playing Mind Game with Chandrababu?
- Expectations from Union Budget 2019