Accordingly a sea of women rose in Kerala in what is being touted as the beginning of a new feminist politics visible, vibrant, and untamed. Meanwhile the roads stretching from Kasaragod to Thiruvananthapuram was a hive of activity as lakhs of women from commoners to politicians and celebrities came together to take part in the Kerala government’s Women’s Wall on January 1.
Furthermore CPI (M) politburo member Brinda Karat started the chain at Vellayambalam in Thiruvananthapuram as other women stood in line, inches apart, stretching all the way to Kasargode, covering 620 kilometer passing through all districts across the state.
Moreover during the 15 minute event, the participants made a pledge, which read “We are taking the pledge that we will uphold Renaissance values, we will stand for equality for women, we resist the attempts to make Kerala a lunatic asylum, and we will fight for secularism. Accordingly “Swami Vivekananda once called Kerala a 'lunatic asylum', but, today, Kerala is seen as the most advanced and developed state because of the communist and progressive movements here and the contemporary struggles, stands as the first state in every aspect of human development”.
CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue According to sources probably for the first time after Telangana state formation, CM KCR has been cornered to the core and there is an all round attack on him like never before. Meanwhile even party's seniors and other leaders are in a fix over the growing dissent against the government. Furthermore even ministers and veterans of party disown the government's stand on RTC strike and this whole turmoil has snowballed into RTC Vs KCR instead of RTC Vs Government and instead
- Karti Chidambaram maintained he will appeal in right manner after whatever court says
- Watch this Video of Kerala Man caught in grip of Python, being saved
- NTA handed credentials of 19 students suspected of hiring impersonators in NEET Impersonation scam
- Sunni Waqf board seeks withdrawal of title dispute on last day of SC hearing
- UP cancels leaves of field officers in view of SC verdict on Ayodhya
- SC likely to pronounce the verdict between November 04 to 17
- VHP hoping for decision in their favour after SC concludes hearing
- SC reserves order, to conduct close door proceedings on mediation panel report
- House of Representatives doesn't plan to vote an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump
- Flipkart is in the process of applying for food retail license in India
- 3 died in PMC Bank scam case within 2 days
- Arvind Kejriwal can revive only if he secures around 60 seats, in upcoming Delhi election
- Rojo the first to complaint against Jolly in Koodathayi murders
- Telangana Governor met PM Modi to discuss RTC Strike issue
- ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case