Chennai sources stated that four popular restaurant chains in Chennai, including the world famous Saravana Bhavan, were raided by the Income Tax Department over alleged tax evasion on Thursday morning. Reportedly searches are being conducted at 32 locations, including the residences and offices of the directors of Saravana Bhavan, Hot Breads, the Anjappar group and Grand Sweets.
As per report these hotels serve some of the best south Indian delicacies, including cakes, pastries and sweets that are even shipped abroad. Furthermore the officials added that the department is looking into allegations of suppression of income by these groups by various means and hence decided to conduct searches and obtain further evidence. Meanwhile the daily operations of these restaurants were not affected by the raids.
Moreover of the four restaurant chains, Saravana Bhavan, established by P Rajagopal in 1981, is the most well-known. Reportedly it has its outlets in 20 countries including the US, the UK, France and Australia. Reports added Anjappar was established in 1964 and offers South Indian cuisine, particularly focusing on Chettinad style preparations, at 70 outlets. It was established in 1982 by G Natarajan, The Grand Sweets & Snacks has become a big name in the industry.
BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s decision to contest Lok Sabha polls from Wayanad in Kerala drew the attention of the country to the constituency. Rahul is already contesting from his Amethi constituency against Smriti Irani. But then, Rahul Gandhi is up against four other Gandhis who contested for the same seat.
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!
- #TikTok BAN REMOVED...