Hyderabad sources reported that party on Wednesday dismissed reports that Working President of its Telangana unit and former Indian cricket captain Mohammad Azharuddin is joining ruling Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS). Meanwhile Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) Minorities Department Chairman Shaik Abdullah Sohail said Azharuddin spoke to him and denied reports that appeared in a section of media about his likely exit from Congress to join TRS.
As per report in a section of media, Azharuddin is likely to contest from Secunderabad Lok Sabha constituency as a TRS candidate. Furthermore the former cricketer, who was elected to Lok Sabha from Muradabad in 2009, was appointed Working President of TPCC in November last year and he campaigned for the party in the last month's Assembly elections. Earlier Azharuddin was quoted as saying that he wants to contest from Secunderabad on a Congress ticket.
Moreover Sohail condemned the TRS for spreading rumors about many Congress leaders and he pointed out that a section of media has been publishing stories on likelihood of some Congress MLAs joining TRS. He said "Similarly, they took the name of Azharuddin to float some baseless and speculative stories in the social media which later hit the headlines of mainstream media. Azharuddin has clearly stated that he would not quit Congress".
BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s decision to contest Lok Sabha polls from Wayanad in Kerala drew the attention of the country to the constituency. Rahul is already contesting from his Amethi constituency against Smriti Irani. But then, Rahul Gandhi is up against four other Gandhis who contested for the same seat.
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!
- #TikTok BAN REMOVED...