Accordingly Prime Minister Narendra Modi pulled out his trump card by declaring 10% reservations for economically weaker sections. Meanwhile this move, according to the government, will benefit upper castes who have been demanding reservations on the basis of their economic status.
Furthermore this announcement came as a surprise move when the Parliament session is almost about to end, it is clear that BJP has finally got a reality check. Reportedly there is news and feedback to the BJP High Command that their core voters constituting of the upper caste people are unhappy with them.
Moreover in such a scenario where there is growing anti-government perception among the upper castes, the result of this is a clearly diminishing Modi wave. Further by creating an additional 10% reservation for economically weaker sections of the upper castes, one wonders if the Modi government will really implement it or hold it like a bait for elections. Recently the Supreme Court limits the reservations at 50% and therefore, the current proposal will definitely exceed that limit and could be legally challenged.
Sakshi Ratings in Election Week Indicate YSR Congress Victory Elections are done and dusted and the Voters' Verdict is sealed in Electronic Voting Machines which will be opened only on May 23rd. The Election Commission even banned the Exit Polls until May 19th which is when the last phase of General Elections will conclude. So, there is absolutely no clue about what is the verdict of the people.
- Good Ratings for Yatra Premiere Worries TDP
- Rapthadu YSRCP MLA as Irrigation Minister and DVR as Speaker?
- Chief Secretary Skips Chandrababu's Review Meetings
- Narendra Modi Saved Chandrababu in IT Grids Case?
- BJP Member says She will change constitution!
- Kamal's apology to buffaloes!
- Kamal Haasan trolled by director!
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours