Kallakurichi will now join the list of districts and will become the 33rd district of Tamilnadu. As per the official announcement made by Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi Palanisamy today, the decision had been made regarding the bifurcation of Villupuram district and form a new district with Kallakurichi as headquarters.
There were 251 announcements made in Tamilnadu legislative assembly, and for 221 of them the government order had been passed already and action is being taken for passing government order for remaining 30 announcements. It was as a part of this that the order for Kallakurichi district formation was announced today. Kallakurichi district will include Kallakurichi, Sankarapuram and Chinna Salem, and Edappadi Palainsamy said this in response to the governor's speech in the assembly.
Tamilnadu government has reportedly taken this decision after constant requests from various sections of people, and an IAS officer will be appointed for the administration of the new district. This has created ripples among everyone.
Kamal Haasan trolled by director! Ulaga Nayagan Kamal Hassan, the MNM party president had recently posted a funny video, where he becomes angered by promises given by existing political leaders and throws remote on TV and breaks the TV, which has been trolled by many people.
- 564 wheel chairs used across Nilgiri constituency to help differently-abled voters
- Volunteers encourage people to vote in Mandya
- Tamilnadu recorded 39.49% voting till 1 p.m
- Donald Trump vetoed a bill to end support for Saudi-led war in Yemen
- Tamilnadu records highest voter turnouts among 11 states
- Why IT conducts raids in TN against leaders in opposition to BJP?
- PM Modi calls All Youngsters to polling booths to strengthen democracy
- Tamilnadu interiors to experience heavy rain in next 24 hours
- Overall poll percentage for Tamilnadu was 13.48% till 9 am
- All voters come out to vote: DMK President MK Stalin
- Twitter account, RG-Wayanad caters to needs of Kerala media
- Voting in Phase 2 Lok Sabha Election begins
- First major raid conducted on BJP leaders in Karnataka
- Why AMMK Men protested against flying squad?
- Tamilnadu gearing up for LS Polls