Last year, there was chaos at Thoothukudi as the protest against Sterlite copper plant got intensified, and when the protesters marched towards the collector's office in the city, in an unexpected manner, there was extreme violence with the cop’s suddenly opening fire. This brutal Thoothukudi shootout incident lead to the death of 13 civilians, and following continued protests, the Tamilnadu government had passed an order to permanently seal and close the Sterlite copper plant, and this had become a setback for Vedanta group which owns the factory.
However, despite stay from an environmental court that stood against the government decision to close the plant, today the Supreme Court cleared the permission sought by Vedanta to reopen the Sterlite copper plant. Earlier, after the environment court had dismissed TN Govt order to close the plant, the TN govt had appealed in the Supreme Court against the environmental court decision.
But today the government has lost the case and Sterlite will be opened soon again. This has proved the inefficiency of the ruling TN government, and today the DMK party had walked out of the assembly after the verdict from the Supreme Court, as the ADMK government did not take a stand and hence the case has went out of hands. Both the parties after the closure of the factory had been busy with their own fights and political conflicts and never cared about people that now the killer factory is set to get opened, and people will again be subject to hazardous chemicals, and the protests are set to intensify further.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?