Last year, there was chaos at Thoothukudi as the protest against Sterlite copper plant got intensified, and when the protesters marched towards the collector's office in the city, in an unexpected manner, there was extreme violence with the cop’s suddenly opening fire. This brutal Thoothukudi shootout incident lead to the death of 13 civilians, and following continued protests, the Tamilnadu government had passed an order to permanently seal and close the Sterlite copper plant, and this had become a setback for Vedanta group which owns the factory.
However, despite stay from an environmental court that stood against the government decision to close the plant, today the Supreme Court cleared the permission sought by Vedanta to reopen the Sterlite copper plant. Earlier, after the environment court had dismissed TN Govt order to close the plant, the TN govt had appealed in the Supreme Court against the environmental court decision.
But today the government has lost the case and Sterlite will be opened soon again. This has proved the inefficiency of the ruling TN government, and today the DMK party had walked out of the assembly after the verdict from the Supreme Court, as the ADMK government did not take a stand and hence the case has went out of hands. Both the parties after the closure of the factory had been busy with their own fights and political conflicts and never cared about people that now the killer factory is set to get opened, and people will again be subject to hazardous chemicals, and the protests are set to intensify further.
BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad Congress President Rahul Gandhi’s decision to contest Lok Sabha polls from Wayanad in Kerala drew the attention of the country to the constituency. Rahul is already contesting from his Amethi constituency against Smriti Irani. But then, Rahul Gandhi is up against four other Gandhis who contested for the same seat.
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath
- KCR Does Damage Control in Inter Board Fiasco
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik sent to judicial custody till May 24, Mehbooba demands release
- Chandrababu To Unleash Operation Akarsha If Short of Majority
- Never Ever use FREE WIFI anywhere, It's pretty dangerous
- Actor Dileep asks for Stay in Actress Assault case
- Stampede kills 7 people in TN!
- Denmark's Richest Billionaire lost his Children during Srilanka Blasts
- Husband kills wife and sends photo in Whatsapp!
- #TikTok BAN REMOVED...