New Delhi sources stated that Indian Railways is planning to seal the train stations and passengers will have to arrive 20 minutes before departure and complete security checks before boarding. Accordingly an Integrated Security System (ISS) has already put in action at Prayagraj, ahead of the Kumbh Mela which begins this month and at Hubli railway station in Karnataka where a high end technology system for security checks is being deployed for initial testing.
Meanwhile this blueprint would also be implemented in 202 stations after the initial round testing which was approved in 2016 itself and the estimated cost of the ISS project stands at Rs. 385.06 crore. Furthermore there will be random security checks at each entry point. Passengers need to be in the station 15-20 minutes ahead of their departure times for this security process.
Reportedly passengers will be checked randomly where every eighth or ninth passenger will undergo checking when they arrive at the station. Accordingly the security system will have CCTV cameras, access control, personal and baggage screening system, bomb detection and disposal system and they will be present from the entry in the station till the boarding of train.
Indian Railways linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites According to sources the Indian Railways has linked its locomotives via ISRO satellites, making it easy to track trains and automatically feed the control charts about the trains arrival and departure. The officials said "A new beginning has been made in the new year: the train movement information is acquired and fed to the control charts using ISRO (Indian Space Research Organization) satellite based real time train information system (RTIS) automatically”.
- Jallikattu opening day Festival begins with 500 Bulls in Tamilnadu
- Will Indra Nooyi become World Bank President?
- Yogi Adityanath record spending on festival!
- Supreme Court hearing on Interim CBI chief!
- Is YS Jagan is allying with KCR to form Andhra Drohula Front?
- Indra Nooyi been courted as an administration ally by Ivanka Trump
- How to Copy in Exams? Ad went viral in WhatsApp
- Why Shashi Tharoor not allowed into Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala with PM Modi?
- 2 Young Women decided to contest Telangana Panchayat Polls
- 2.0 s costumes, Robot Models exhibited at Chennai Island Grounds
- Vishal confirms his wedding with Hyderabad based Businessman daughter
- 2 Women who unsuccessfully attempted to enter Sabarimala temple begins hunger strike
- Flight operations at Bengaluru airport to face disruptions from February 14 to 24
- Will YS Jagan accept invitation from KTR in joining Federal Front?
- Why YS Jagan Sister made a complaint with Hyderabad Police?