Washington sources reported that Mysore born Gita Gopinath's joined last week at a time, when she believes the world is experiencing a retreat from globalization, posing challenges to multilateral institutions. Meanwhile the John Zwaanstra professor of International Studies and Economics at Harvard University, Gopinath, 47, succeeds Maurice (Maury) Obstfeld as Economic Counselor and Director of the IMF's Research Department.
Furthermore announcing her appointment on October 1, IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde described her as “one of the world's outstanding economists with impeccable academic credentials, a proven track record of intellectual leadership and extensive international experience.” Reportedly the 11th chief economist of the IMF, Gopinath in a recent interview described her appointment at the IMF as a “tremendous honor” and said the appointment of the first ever woman for this position speaks highly of IMF's Managing Director Lagarde.
Moreover she said “We could do more on the empirical side to try to understand countries' dollar exposures and on the theoretical side in terms of the implications for international spillovers, consequences of dollar shortages, etc”.
Why AP Chief Secretary wanted to speak to all Collectors & SPs? Vijayawada sources stated that with the day of counting barely a month away, Andhra Pradesh chief Secretary LV Subramanyam is set to hold a video conference with District Collectors and SPs from the state Secretariat on Tuesday. Meanwhile, others scheduled to be present at the conference include DGP RP Thakur, Telangana Chief Electoral Officer, Gopalakrishna Dwivedi, Additional DG, Law and Order, Ravishankar Ayyanar, among others.
- 15 transgender persons came to vote for LS elections in Kerala
- Tussle between Revenue department officials & TRS chief KCR has gone worse
- Saudi Arabia beheads 37 citizens convicted of terrorism
- History Maker: Pallonji Mistry - Indian Billionaire and Founder of Shapoorji Pallonji Group
- AP recovers melted Gold of lost from Tirupur Crown theft
- Is Jagan favoured more by punters in the state?
- Death toll in Sri Lanka rises as more Tension prevails
- 100 Turmeric Farmers from Telangana and Tamil Nadu to contest as independent from Varanasi Constituency
- BJP Cheap Trick to Defeat Rahul Gandhi in Wayanad
- AP IAS Association Sensing Chandrababu Coming to Power
- Bengaluru, the cheapest Asian City!
- 50:50 chances of Priyanka Gandhi contesting from Varanasi: Sources
- Janasena Damaged TDP in 35 Seats?
- After 14 years this Coimbatore Govt School gets power supply
- Congres Vijender Singh flexes biceps after being asked on BJPs dhai kilo ka haath