According to sources in a move to appease voters, the Telugu Desam government in Andhra Pradesh has decided to double NTR Bharosa pensions from Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 2,000. Meanwhile in a recent review meeting, the Government is said to have taken this decision and this means senior citizen and widows will receive Rs. 2000 every month.
Reportedly after bifurcation, the Government has taken a decision to hike pensions from Rs. 200 to Rs. 1000 a month for senior citizens, widows, weavers, toddy tappers and HIV patients. Furthermore for those with disabilities up to 79%, the government increased it from Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000 and for those whose degree of disability is more than 80%, the government has been giving Rs. 1500 as their monthly pension. Approximately 50.15 lakh beneficiaries have been receiving NTR Bharosa pensions from 2014.
Moreover on the whole, from 2014 to 2018, the government has disbursed 24,618.4 crore for pensions. Presently with Assembly elections nearing, the government has decided to double the pension as it could retain the beneficiaries of the scheme and push them to vote for TDP. Perhaps this is a smart move by the government, this could further burden the state exchequer with even more deficit given that the state is already sunk with a huge revenue deficit.
Former VHP leader's sensational remark on Modi! The former leader of Vishwa Hindu Parishad Praveen Togadia has said that during his 43 year long friendship with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi he had never seen him selling tea. RSS leader Bhaiyaji Ghosh had said that at least for 5 years of Modi's rule. The lord ram temple at Ayodhya won't be constructed.
- TN Milk agents warn Simbu!
- TRS MP Kavita selected for Fame India Extraordinary Parliamentarian award 2019
- India's first ever all women political party launched in Mumbai
- Picture of an antiseptic labeled cough syrup with logo of Govt of Tamilnadu went viral
- Imran Khan is agent of change Senator Lindsey Graham looking for
- Politics in Andhra Pradesh are turning Hot each day
- TTD endeavors to ease Darshan for Children & Senior Citizens
- Hyderabad Auto drivers facing a tough competition from Uber & Ola
- Actor Ajith pens to his Fans to concentrate in Studies
- Zomato suspended Restaurant for adding Plastic in Paneer Dish
- Government of Tamilnadu is Executing Agency of Chennai peripheral Ring Road project
- Major fire accident broke out in Vizag Steel Plant
- Why Mehul Choksi surrendered Indian Citizenship?
- Tamilisai bats for TN CM!
- World's cutest dog passes away!