According to sources in a move to appease voters, the Telugu Desam government in Andhra Pradesh has decided to double NTR Bharosa pensions from Rs. 1,000 to Rs. 2,000. Meanwhile in a recent review meeting, the Government is said to have taken this decision and this means senior citizen and widows will receive Rs. 2000 every month.
Reportedly after bifurcation, the Government has taken a decision to hike pensions from Rs. 200 to Rs. 1000 a month for senior citizens, widows, weavers, toddy tappers and HIV patients. Furthermore for those with disabilities up to 79%, the government increased it from Rs. 500 to Rs. 1000 and for those whose degree of disability is more than 80%, the government has been giving Rs. 1500 as their monthly pension. Approximately 50.15 lakh beneficiaries have been receiving NTR Bharosa pensions from 2014.
Moreover on the whole, from 2014 to 2018, the government has disbursed 24,618.4 crore for pensions. Presently with Assembly elections nearing, the government has decided to double the pension as it could retain the beneficiaries of the scheme and push them to vote for TDP. Perhaps this is a smart move by the government, this could further burden the state exchequer with even more deficit given that the state is already sunk with a huge revenue deficit.
P Chidambaram says GST is main cause of economic slow down Sources from New Delhi stated that Senior Congress leader P Chidambaram, who is currently lodged in Tihar Jail in a corruption case, said the Prime minister's former economic adviser has admitted that a "flawed" GST is the main cause of economic slowdown, but forgot to mention demonetization. Meanwhile Chidambaram, who is in jail since September 5 for alleged corruption in the INX Media
- If BJP wants to reinvigorate economy, abolish Personal Income Tax
- 2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut
- NASA manages to locate Chandrayaan 2's Vikram Lander for the Second time
- Penalty imposed on SB & LVB for non-compliance with RBIs directions on Frauds classification
- Will justice be delivered to RTC Employees & People of Telangana?
- Chiranjeevi To Bridge The Gap Between Tollywood and Jagan
- Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal?
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?