Accordingly not limiting themselves to expressing outrage on social media, or lamenting that Indian politics is ridden with corruption, two young women in the state have sprung a surprise by deciding to contest in the Telangana Panchayat elections. Meanwhile these two women are 24 year old Sushmitha Naidu from Nizamabad and 30 year old Sai Pravallika Nagam from Ghatkesar.
Furthermore both these graduates have decided to bring about a political change in their respective villages. Reportedly Sushmitha, an MBA graduate working in Ireland, quit her lucrative job to contest in the elections from her native village, Yedapally reserved for BC women.
Moreover Pravallika, who is presently pursuing her LLB degree, has full support of her family and husband to take up politics. "The village doesn't have a CC (cement concrete) road, and drainage continues to flow on to the roads. I want to fix this if I am elected as the Sarpanch or ward member." Accordingly she claims that many are pressurizing her to withdraw her nomination, but she has no plans of dropping out. Perhaps panchayat elections in Telangana will be held in three phases on January 21, 25 and 30.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli