New Delhi sources stated that Congress leader Shashi Tharoor alleged that he and other local leaders were not allowed to enter the centuries old Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple in Kerala's capital Thiruvananthapuram during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to Kerala. Reportedly Mr Tharoor, who is the lawmaker from the city, accused the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) of striking their names from the list of people allowed in the temple when the PM was there.
Mr. Tharoor told "He was with the prime minister for the unveiling of the plaque. As of all us were going to go inside the temple, the SPG (Special Protection Group) said that the PMO has cut some names off the list and the list no longer included the local MP, the MLA and the mayor, at which point we walked out. There is no point hanging around as decorative pieces where we are not welcome".
Mr. Tharoor said "We have been elected by the people. People have chosen us as their representatives, and this must be respected, just as we in turn respect the office of PM". Accordingly PM Modi had made a scathing attack on the ruling Left and opposition Congress over its handling of the Sabarimala temple issue after the Supreme Court ruling lifting the ban on entry of women of menstruating age.
Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case Reportedly in the sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case that is unfolding in Kerala, investigating authorities have said that they have made a few crucial findings over the past few days. Meanwhile Kozhikode rural Superintendent of Police KG Simon confirmed that 47 year old Jolly had read extensively about cyanide and how it is used before allegedly poisoning the six members of her family.
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli
- Indo-US joint military training in Seattle from 13 Oct