As per report ahead of the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) monetary policy review early in February, India Inc urged the central bank to cut its interest rate and the cash reserve ratio (CRR) in order to boost growth. Meanwhile in a meeting here with the new RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das, who will preside over his first monetary policy committee (MPC) meeting on February 7, leading industry chambers also suggested various measures to ease the ongoing liquidity crunch.
A statement said "The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (Ficci) urged the RBI today (Thursday) to consider cutting the repo rate and CRR to enable lowering of lending rates by banks". Furthermore Ficci President Sandip Somany said reduction in the repo rate and CRR would help in reviving the investment cycle in the country and will also boost consumption and support growth.
Moreover the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) suggested a cut in the RBI mandated CRR for banks by at least 50 basis points (bps) to facilitate flow of credit to industry, especially to MSMEs, and steps to reduce the high cost of credit, like a reduction of 50 bps in the repo or RBI's short term lending rate for commercial banks. Reportedly Assocham brought to the Governor's notice that sectors like textile, handicraft and leather goods need to be given interest subvention to boost their export capabilities and rate of interest subvention should be increased from 3 to 5%.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?