Hyderabad sources reported that auto rickshaw drivers in the city are charging rates according to their own whims and fancies, not heeding the 2014 government order making the fares designated by digital meters a mandatory in autos. Meanwhile as per the order, Rs 20 is the minimum fare for 1.6 km, but the auto drivers charge Rs 30. Presently in the busy areas like hospitals and railways stations, the minimum fare might go up to around Rs 50.
Furthermore pointing to the haphazard auto fares several passengers said that the auto drivers charge as per their wish. Further one passenger was asked to pay Rs. 50 from Secunderabad Railway Station to Parade Grounds Metro station, the distance being a mere half kilometer. Reportedly passengers said the auto drivers exploit those who need to go hospitals.
Moreover motor vehicle inspectors from the department even
keep checking vehicles for permit, fitness
violations now and then. Hence as per the rules if any auto is found without
meter, then a fine of around Rs 2,000 would be levied and the vehicle in
question will be sealed
and the government has
not raised the fares in the past four years and their livelihood is dependent on the fares to the steep rise in
fuel prices which have gone up by Rs 40.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli