Hyderabad sources reported that auto rickshaw drivers in the city are charging rates according to their own whims and fancies, not heeding the 2014 government order making the fares designated by digital meters a mandatory in autos. Meanwhile as per the order, Rs 20 is the minimum fare for 1.6 km, but the auto drivers charge Rs 30. Presently in the busy areas like hospitals and railways stations, the minimum fare might go up to around Rs 50.
Furthermore pointing to the haphazard auto fares several passengers said that the auto drivers charge as per their wish. Further one passenger was asked to pay Rs. 50 from Secunderabad Railway Station to Parade Grounds Metro station, the distance being a mere half kilometer. Reportedly passengers said the auto drivers exploit those who need to go hospitals.
Moreover motor vehicle inspectors from the department even
keep checking vehicles for permit, fitness
violations now and then. Hence as per the rules if any auto is found without
meter, then a fine of around Rs 2,000 would be levied and the vehicle in
question will be sealed
and the government has
not raised the fares in the past four years and their livelihood is dependent on the fares to the steep rise in
fuel prices which have gone up by Rs 40.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu