According to sources one of the two women, who became the first in menstruating age to offer prayers in Kerala’s Sabarimala temple, was sent to a government run home on Tuesday after her in-laws refused to let her enter in their house. Meanwhile Kanaka Durga, a mother of two, had angered her family after they said she kept them in the dark about her plan to trek to the temple.
Reports added Durga was admitted to a hospital after she was allegedly attacked by her mother-in-law after she returned home on January 15. Even though police and district officials tried their best to convince her family but refused to budge saying she will be taken back only after tendering a public apology to devotees and Hindu community. Furthermore the family said she had brought enough shame to the community and hurt sentiments of the devotees and won’t accept her without “atoning for her sin”.
Moreover Ammini, another woman who entered temple said, “She was told her husband locked the house and shifted to a relative’s place so as to avoid her. She is presently in a government-run home in Perninthalamanna. We will move the court against her relatives’ move.” Previously the Supreme Court directed the state government to provide round the clock protection to both the women after they had petitioned seeking security fearing for their lives.
Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal? TSRTC strike has reached to 11th day. Though Unions send signals on delegations on their demands, TRS Government doesn’t show much interest to resolve the issue. Adding to that, statements of Telangana Ministers were added fuel to fire.
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram