According to sources one of the two women, who became the first in menstruating age to offer prayers in Kerala’s Sabarimala temple, was sent to a government run home on Tuesday after her in-laws refused to let her enter in their house. Meanwhile Kanaka Durga, a mother of two, had angered her family after they said she kept them in the dark about her plan to trek to the temple.
Reports added Durga was admitted to a hospital after she was allegedly attacked by her mother-in-law after she returned home on January 15. Even though police and district officials tried their best to convince her family but refused to budge saying she will be taken back only after tendering a public apology to devotees and Hindu community. Furthermore the family said she had brought enough shame to the community and hurt sentiments of the devotees and won’t accept her without “atoning for her sin”.
Moreover Ammini, another woman who entered temple said, “She was told her husband locked the house and shifted to a relative’s place so as to avoid her. She is presently in a government-run home in Perninthalamanna. We will move the court against her relatives’ move.” Previously the Supreme Court directed the state government to provide round the clock protection to both the women after they had petitioned seeking security fearing for their lives.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?