Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami on Wednesday said the state has attracted over Rs 200,000 crore of investments during the Global Investors Meet-2019 (GIM-2019). Meanwhile when speaking at the inaugural function of GIM's second edition in Chennai, Palaniswami said "This edition has targeted an investment of 2 lakh crore rupees, which I am happy to say has already been exceeded."
Furthermore he said the final tally of investment proposals would be announced on Thursday. Reports added proposals for new investments have been pouring in the last one year, since preparation for GIM-2019 started. Further Palaniswami said the first GIM was held in 2015 which attracted 98 investment proposals with an investment commitment of Rs 2.42 lakh crore over three to seven years period.
Moreover he said about 35 companies from Tamilnadu have already signed Transfer of Technology agreements with the Defense Research Development Organization (DRDO). Palaniswami remarked "LMW is establishing an aerospace and defense components manufacturing unit in Coimbatore. Many more such projects are on the anvil". Reportedly he said the state government has promoted an exclusive aerospace and defense park in 250 acres, which can be expanded to 700 acres in Sriperumbudur near Chennai.
TN Govt plans to introduce Board Exams for Class 5 & 8 Accordingly Tamilnadu government is going to introduce board examinations for the students of class 5 and class 8, in addition to the already existing public exams for students in classes 10, 11 and 12. Meanwhile according to a circular issued to all the district education offices, the third term exams conducted in schools will henceforth be conducted as public exams. These exams will have common question papers for all the schools in Tamilnadu.
- Guntur District farmer committed suicide, doubts raised
- UK no longer preferred market for Indian investment due to Brexit factor
- Pakistan Cricketers portrait removed from HPCA
- From a farmer's son to People's Hero - Dr. Koti Reddy Saripalli
- DMK Congress deal soon!
- What's the problem for DMDK?
- India receives support from Israel!
- Public shocked after tremors in Delhi!
- APTA achieved India Book of record by making longest bamboo chicken in India
- Budget of Rs 3,116 crore for 2019-20 unveiled by TTD
- Chennai Metro Rail to install WiFi facilities at all stations
- Saudi Arabia-India plans to set up a ''Strategic Partnership Council'
- Donald Trump planning to meet North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un again
- Is Nagarjuna making his Political entry?
- Why Rahul Gandhi made a surprise visit to AP Bhawan?