Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister K. Palaniswami on Wednesday said the state has attracted over Rs 200,000 crore of investments during the Global Investors Meet-2019 (GIM-2019). Meanwhile when speaking at the inaugural function of GIM's second edition in Chennai, Palaniswami said "This edition has targeted an investment of 2 lakh crore rupees, which I am happy to say has already been exceeded."
Furthermore he said the final tally of investment proposals would be announced on Thursday. Reports added proposals for new investments have been pouring in the last one year, since preparation for GIM-2019 started. Further Palaniswami said the first GIM was held in 2015 which attracted 98 investment proposals with an investment commitment of Rs 2.42 lakh crore over three to seven years period.
Moreover he said about 35 companies from Tamilnadu have already signed Transfer of Technology agreements with the Defense Research Development Organization (DRDO). Palaniswami remarked "LMW is establishing an aerospace and defense components manufacturing unit in Coimbatore. Many more such projects are on the anvil". Reportedly he said the state government has promoted an exclusive aerospace and defense park in 250 acres, which can be expanded to 700 acres in Sriperumbudur near Chennai.
Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal? TSRTC strike has reached to 11th day. Though Unions send signals on delegations on their demands, TRS Government doesn’t show much interest to resolve the issue. Adding to that, statements of Telangana Ministers were added fuel to fire.
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram