New Delhi sources stated that Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, considered for long the Congress’ “Trump card”, made her formal entry into politics on Wednesday from Uttar Pradesh, indicating that the party will leave no stone unturned in its fight against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party for 2019 general elections. Meanwhile Ms Vadra’s appointment as general secretary for Uttar Pradesh east, along with that of Jyotiradiya Scindia as general secretary UP west, is being seen as a political masterstroke and a message that Congress president Rahul Gandhi means business.
Presently Uttar Pradesh sends the largest members (80) to Lok Sabha and is considered crucial to coming to power at the Centre. Furthermore on the back foot after the SP-BSP formed a pre-poll alliance in UP excluding his party, the Congress president had promised a “surprise” in UP, and with the formal appointment of Ms Vadra, Mr. Gandhi has shot the last “Brahmastra” from the party’s quiver.
Moreover it was however, unclear whether the latest Gandhi family scion to enter politics will contest the Lok Sabha polls. Presently speculation is rife that she might take the plunge from her mother Sonia Gandhi’s Rae Bareli constituency. Further when commenting on her appointment, Mr Gandhi, who is in Amethi, said, “I am very happy that my sister Priyanka will assist me in UP in the Lok Sabha polls. She is very capable.”
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli