Chanda Kochhar, the former CEO of ICICI Bank, her husband Deepak Kochhar and chairman of Videocon company Venugopal Dhoot have been named in the recent FIR filed by CBI in connection to corruption and fraudulent activities in the 3250 crores worth loans given to Videocon.
Previously Chanda was the CEO of ICICI Bank, while Deepak Kochar owns a firm Nupower renewable. After his investment in Nupower renewable Chanda Kochhar had sanctioned a huge 3200 crores loan for Videocon Chairman Venugopal Dhoot in 2012.
After failing to repay more than 1700 crores which was about 85% of the loan, Videocon account had turned to be a Non performing asset and the issue came to RBI following which a commission was formed by ICICI. Following inquiries and investigation, the trio was named in the FIR and raids were conducted in the offices of them and several documents have been taken by CBI.
Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know Cryptocurrency is a digital currency which is a medium of exchange. The transactions are verified and secured through cryptographic Methods, cryptocurrencies are made as database entries which can't be modified without meeting specific requirements.
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million