Chanda Kochhar, the former CEO of ICICI Bank, her husband Deepak Kochhar and chairman of Videocon company Venugopal Dhoot have been named in the recent FIR filed by CBI in connection to corruption and fraudulent activities in the 3250 crores worth loans given to Videocon.
Previously Chanda was the CEO of ICICI Bank, while Deepak Kochar owns a firm Nupower renewable. After his investment in Nupower renewable Chanda Kochhar had sanctioned a huge 3200 crores loan for Videocon Chairman Venugopal Dhoot in 2012.
After failing to repay more than 1700 crores which was about 85% of the loan, Videocon account had turned to be a Non performing asset and the issue came to RBI following which a commission was formed by ICICI. Following inquiries and investigation, the trio was named in the FIR and raids were conducted in the offices of them and several documents have been taken by CBI.
BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi Reportedly in Delhi, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has not yet projected any chief ministerial face for the upcoming Assembly polls, which are due by the end of 2019 or early next year. Meanwhile the party appears to be relying on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's charisma to take on the ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Furthermore Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal is the AAP's face for the Assembly
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu