Sources from Indore stated that BJP leader Kailash Vijayvargiya on Saturday said Priyanka Gandhi Vadra's appointment as a Congress general secretary reflected the lack of confidence in Rahul Gandhi's leadership within the party. Meanwhile when equating Priyanka Gandhi Vadra with actors Kareena Kapoor and Salman Khan, the former Madhya Pradesh minister said the Congress wanted to field "chocolaty" faces in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls as it had a dearth of strong leaders.
Accordingly "A Congress leader demands that Kareena Kapoor should be fielded from the Bhopal Lok Sabha seat. Furthermore sometimes, others talk about fielding Salman Khan from Indore. Likewise, Priyanka was also brought into active politics. Vijayvargiya told reporters "The Congress does not have strong leaders to field in the Lok Sabha election. That is why it wants to fight the polls through these chocolaty faces".
Moreover the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader was responding to a question on the demand by a section in the Congress to field Kareena and Salman from Bhopal and Indore respectively in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls. He said "Priyanka would not have been brought into active politics if there was confidence within the Congress in (party chief) Rahul's leadership".
BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi Reportedly in Delhi, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has not yet projected any chief ministerial face for the upcoming Assembly polls, which are due by the end of 2019 or early next year. Meanwhile the party appears to be relying on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's charisma to take on the ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). Furthermore Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal is the AAP's face for the Assembly
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu