Accordingly Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister M Chandrababu Naidu is expected to sit on a ‘deeksha’ in New Delhi against the ruling NDA, either on the last day of the parliamentary budget session or the day after. Meanwhile Naidu’s protest is aimed at highlighting the alleged injustice done to AP by the Centre by failing to award the Special Category Status (SCS) for the state. Furthermore the decision to stage the protest was taken during the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) parliamentary meet on Saturday.
Reportedly TDP MPs and state ministers will also join the AP CM in the one-day protest. The venue for the protest is yet to be decided. However, it’s unclear if opposition leaders will join Naidu in his protest. Furthermore at the party meet, Naidu instructed his MPs to raise the issue of EVM hacking in the Parliament and push for a return to ballot papers for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
The AP Chief Minister said to the media “The Election Commission (EC) is only a referee. Enhancing faith in the public is a democracy and they should be not pressurized towards what they do not believe in”. Moreover he also instructed them to share with the Centre the reports on the impact of Andhra Pradesh bifurcation and special category status by Lok Satta party chief Jayaprakash Narayan and Joint Fact Finding Committee by Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!