According to sources Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy on Monday flagged off the first six car metro on the Green Line of the Namma Metro running between Nagasandra in the north and Yelachenahalli in the south of a Bengaluru. Meanwhile on the same day, two more six car trains were added to the Purple Line which connects Mysore Road and Byapanahalli.
Furthermore before Monday, three existing six-car trains were running on the Purple Line. Until June 2018, all the metros running in Bengaluru were of three coaches leading to extreme cramping in peak hours. Reportedly the six car trains have a capacity of 2,000 passengers and are currently deployed in peak office hours to prevent cramping and the capacity of three car trains is 975 passengers at a given time.
Moreover BMRCL officials said that the new six car trains, when compared to the existing trains, are energy efficient by 15% and can automatically regulate temperature by sensing the ambient temperature. Accordingly by September, all 50 trains of Namma Metro will be converted to a six car train.
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu