Accordingly a functionary of the Marumalarchi Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (MDMK) in Nagapattinam district of Tamilnadu has been arrested by the state police for an allegedly derogatory post on Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Meanwhile Sathyaraj Balu of the MDMK reportedly posted a picture of PM Modi with a begging bowl on Facebook and the police picked him up following a complaint lodged by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
As per report, Sathyaraj Balu is an office bearer of the party, working as the Sirkazhi town secretary of the MDMK. Meanwhile a complaint was given by the BJP’s Sirkazhi unit president M Selvam, following which the police arrested Sathyaraj Balu and he was later remanded to judicial custody.
Moreover the post came close on the heels of Prime Minister Modi’s visit to Tamilnadu on Sunday where he laid the foundation stone for the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Thoppur, Madurai. Apparently many on Twitter, including those from opposition parties, expressed their objection by trending GoBackModi with posts and photos, asking questions on the Centre’s reaction to the police shooting in Thoothukudi in May 2018, and funds for relief work following Cyclone Gaja that struck the coastal and delta districts of the state last November, in addition to other issues.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli