New Delhi sources stated that Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Monday promised his party would ensure “minimum income guarantee” for every poor person if it comes to power at the Centre, echoing the ‘Garibi Hatao’ (Remove Poverty) slogan coined by his grandmother Indira Gandhi during the 1971 general elections that she won. Meanwhile Mr. Gandhi said this means every poor person in India will have a minimum income and further this means there will be no hungry, poor people in India”.
Accordingly “This will be a historic move. No other country in the world has taken such an initiative so far.” Reportedly Mr. Gandhi gave a broad outline of the measure, saying that a fixed amount would be transferred to the account of each unemployed poor person in the country. He added “There will be one India, and in that India, the Congress will give minimum income to every poor person. No government in the world has done this till now. The Congress is going to do that; it will be a historic feat”.
Moreover the BJP led NDA government also rejected the farmers’ plea to write off their loans offering a similar argument and the announcement was made at the Kisan Abhar Sammelan to express gratitude to farmers.
Is it Self Dismiss? Or Self-Goal? TSRTC strike has reached to 11th day. Though Unions send signals on delegations on their demands, TRS Government doesn’t show much interest to resolve the issue. Adding to that, statements of Telangana Ministers were added fuel to fire.
- PM Modi addressed rally at Kurukshetra in support of BJP candidate for Haryana assembly election
- HAL Employees to continue indefinite strike, talks failed
- Chennai will finally get a mayor after a gap of Eight years
- Reliance Jio unveiled an AI based Video Call Assistant (Bot) at India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2019
- Jagan Becoming Headache To KCR
- Heavy rain likely to lash Coastal AP: IMD
- Delhi Pollution Control Committee started night patrolling to prevent dust emission
- Why Pakistan is isolated by all countries in FATF?
- Jagan Proves To Be Rightful Than Chandrababu
- IRCTC IPO subscribed nearly 112 times on back of strong demand across investor categories
- Quality of Air in Delhi is very poor
- Mobile Phones rings in Kashmir Valley after 68 days
- 10,000 HAL workers begins their Indefinite Strike
- 4 National Level Hockey Players died in car crash in MP
- PM Modi has 30 Million followers on Instagram