According to sources after eight days of protests, the Joint Action Council of Tamilnadu Teachers' Organization and Government Employees’ Organizations (Jactto-Geo), an umbrella association of government staff and teachers temporarily called off its strike on Wednesday, as most employees returned to work over the last few days. Reportedly Jactto-Geo members leading the strike, however, maintained that they were relenting due to the fast approaching practical exams for students who are set to appear for their public examinations this year.
Meanwhile members of the organization have been striking work since January 22 with demands like reverting to the old pension scheme and a hike in pay for secondary grade teachers among others. Furthermore the government, however, refused to entertain any dialogue with them and went on the offensive by hiring temporary teachers and warning protesters of suspension and treating their posts as vacant.
Moreover PK Ilamaran, state president of the Tamilnadu Teachers' Association said "When we hold such protests, stop buses and create chaos, what example are we setting for our students? If they want to register protest, they should have taken classes and not signed the attendance register. Most people leading the protest are retired government staff. Further the protests took a very political color with DMK and CPI-M associated members having too much of a say."
Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday Reportedly ahead of Former Chief Minister and AIADMK supreme Jayalalitha’s birth anniversary, the Madras High Court on Wednesday refused to relax its ban on registered political parties installing flex boards, digital banners or placards on arterial roads in or any other roads in the State. Recently a Division Bench comprising of Justices M Sathyanarayanan and M Nirmal Kumar rejected
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!
- #PulwamaTerroristAttack - Brave Father's inspiring quote after son's death in Pulwama!
- Suicide bomber was 11th class dropout!
- School girl murder mystery resolved!
- Air India flights to Iraq begins operations after 30 years
- Dhanush congratulated Sai Pallavi for beating her own record saying 200 Million
- Protest shutdown against terror attack affects life in Jammu