Accordingly in a surprise move, the NDA government has announced an annual direct income payment of Rs. 6,000 for farmers in the country, directly copying Telangana's Rythu Bandhu scheme. Meanwhile this announcement was made by Union Minister Piyush Goyal today while presenting the interim budget 2019-2020 terming it "Prime Minister's Kisan Samman Nidhi."
Reportedly under the scheme, the government will pay Rs. 6,000 in three installments of Rs 2,000 each. Furthermore the BJP government's scheme will be restricted to small and marginal farmers with land holdings not exceeding five acres while the Rythu Bandhu financial assistance of Rs 4,000 per acre per season is provided to all farmers in the State, irrespective of their land holdings.
Moreover it was stated that the Centre's farm assistance scheme is expected to cover about 12 crore farmers across the country, while Rythu Bandhu benefitted about 58 lakh farmers in Kharif alone. Hence the Telangana government, believed would bring down farm distress. Meanwhile this is a welcome move from the Central government, it also is a political gimmick to provide cash handouts to farmers ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today According to sources Congress leader Rahul Gandhi will on Monday campaign for the party in Haryana and will address a public meeting in Nuh. The sources said “Gandhi will address the meeting in the afternoon and will reach Nuh in southern Haryana by road from Delhi, and the meeting was finalized after consultations with party leaders of the state”. Meanwhile Nuh is the district headquarters in the Mewat area and falls under the Gurgaon parliamentary constituency. Gandhi is also campaigning for
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai
- BJP released Party Manifesto for upcoming Haryana Assembly Elections
- Japan hit by biggest typhoon in decades
- India's growth rate is projected to fall to 6%, the World Bank
- Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale: Mamallapuram was chosen by India due to its rich heritage
- Why Jagan Is A Lot Better Than Chandrababu
- AP Government To Buy A Multi-Storeyed Tower At Tadepalli