Accordingly in a surprise move, the NDA government has announced an annual direct income payment of Rs. 6,000 for farmers in the country, directly copying Telangana's Rythu Bandhu scheme. Meanwhile this announcement was made by Union Minister Piyush Goyal today while presenting the interim budget 2019-2020 terming it "Prime Minister's Kisan Samman Nidhi."
Reportedly under the scheme, the government will pay Rs. 6,000 in three installments of Rs 2,000 each. Furthermore the BJP government's scheme will be restricted to small and marginal farmers with land holdings not exceeding five acres while the Rythu Bandhu financial assistance of Rs 4,000 per acre per season is provided to all farmers in the State, irrespective of their land holdings.
Moreover it was stated that the Centre's farm assistance scheme is expected to cover about 12 crore farmers across the country, while Rythu Bandhu benefitted about 58 lakh farmers in Kharif alone. Hence the Telangana government, believed would bring down farm distress. Meanwhile this is a welcome move from the Central government, it also is a political gimmick to provide cash handouts to farmers ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
EPS spends 15 crores on ads! Former Tamilnadu chief minister Jayalalitha had won the 2016 elections and became the CM for the second term. However within sometime after swearing in as CM her health was affected and she was admitted to Apollo and was receiving treatment for 75 days and following treatment failure, she had passed away
- Chinnathambi locked in cage!
- No to BJP says Sarathkumar!
- Student thanks minister for slipper
- BIG BREAKING - Supreme court dismisses Vedanta 's plea to reopen #Sterlite plant in Tuticorin
- Cryptocurrency - The basics and all you need to know
- Madras HC orders for no flex boards for Jayalalitha's Birthday
- From March 3, eateries no longer allowed to reuse cooking oil more than 3 times
- New deadline for commissioning Kerala's Vizinjam Port extended to October 2020
- COAI feels new regulations are vague to violate privacy of users
- Overall Vegetable prices in January declined 4.21%
- BJP to make alliance announcement soon: Piyush Goyal
- Priyanka Chopra, Nick had great time on Valentines Day
- Dewan Housing Finance shares slumped to an intraday low of Rs. 103.95
- Ooty Lake to be cleaned soon
- TN soldier's family and village saddened by death!